Evaluation Criteria for Conversion Optimization
Seo Select.com, the independent authority on search vendors, we have done the research into the best conversion enhancement services. With eight plus years of experience in evaluating and ranking companies in the internet marketing industry, we only highlight vendors that have proven they are the best.
There are five key areas identified by topseos as significant for a conversion enhancement campaign:
The first aspect evaluated is site analysis. What methods are used to review the current website as well as the methods of advertising and bringing in conversions? What is it that the client wishes to accomplish through their website or their current initiatives?
Next, we evaluate the strategy development that goes into a conversion enhancement strategy. How does the company intend to increase the conversion rates for their clients? Will there be changes made to the interface of the website, for placements of advertisements off-site, or will e-mail structures need to be changed to better promote what they want their potential clients to do?
Implementation takes a look into how the company assists with implementing the strategy and ensuring that the customer is receiving what they were promised. We evaluate the vendor’s ability to implement different design, development, and conversion-driven strategies into already existing technologies and designs.
The next step focuses on the testing environment used to test consumer actions and reactions to changes in the interface or changes in marketing material. Does the company test different methods of e-mail marketing for conversions? Is time spent in different testing scenarios to decide which landing page is the best design to receive clicks from customers? How is conversion measured with advertisements or e-commerce designs?
Finally, we take a look into the company’s reporting methods to ensure that the company is able to give valid reports with important information on the results of the tests and the increase of conversions compared to what was promised. Does the company display trends in conversion changes in comparison to the changes that were made in the strategy over time? What advice is given with reports to help the customer understand where to go next?
A few questions that we may ask clients of a conversion enhancement firm to gauge their level of expertise are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How useful were the reports provided by the firm for services rendered?
- What resources were available to you during the testing phase of your campaign?
- What methods for enhancing your conversion rates were used on the website? Were there changes in design? Content? Placement?
- How fast was implementation of new strategies? Did it take minutes? Hours? Days?
- How did you meet with the vendor to discuss new strategies, changes, and plans to enhance your conversions?